There’s no doubt that aging and a stressful life will make your skin look tired and old. Unfortunately not all solutions for aging skin will give you the results you want. Thankfully this natural carrot mask only contains a few ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen and it will tighten your skin like having a Botox without seeing a doctor. And best of all, it won’t even cost you a fraction of what it would cost to have a procedure like Botox done.
First Things First
According to the Mind Body Green website, your skin needs a vitamin-rich diet, especially one with plenty of Vitamin A and beta-carotene, which carrots have in abundance. As we age or are exposed to the wind and weather is that free radicals can take a toll on the skin. The antioxidants in this mask help alleviate the damage done to your skin by those free radicals.
This mask also hydrates the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, gets rid of acne, and has antiseptic properties, which clean up the skin. The carrot mask an all-around good mask for when your skin just looks beat up.
Before you use the mask, make sure that your face is clean. Use a gentle cleanser like oatmeal soap for extra softness.
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 5 TBSP carrot juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 TBSP low-fat sour cream
How to make a Carrot Mask?
You need to dissolve the cornstarch in a half a glass of water. Then whisk the water and cornstarch together and take out a little saucepan and add the cornstarch with 100 ml of boiled water. Leave the mixture to cool down and then add the sour cream and the carrot juice. Apply the mask on your face and let it stay for about half an hour.
Remove the mask with warm water and put some cream to your face.
Tips for making and using the Carrot Mask
- What if you do not own a juicer to make the carrot juice? No problem. You will want to grate the carrots – go for organic for even better results – and drop them in the blender.
- Once you have ground them up, strain them through a sieve to create the carrot juice.
- Or of course, if you have a local health food store that sells fresh carrot juice, you can use that, too.
- And if you feel like your skin could use some extra TLC, be sure to use the carrot mask for three days. As an aside, remember also that if a healthy mask containing natural ingredients is good for your skin, your skin will look even healthier if you take care of it from the inside out.
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family