It doesn’t really matter if you are interested in healthy veggies, herbs or leaves as an addition to the juice recipe you are practicing or you just want to try something fresh and new because papaya leaf juice can surely bring the change that you are looking for.
It is not the best idea to eat papaya leaves, but juicing these leaves has proven to be the best way to feel all the benefits that these parts of papaya possess.
The Amazing Nutrients Found in Papaya Leaf
According to several scientific studies, papaya leaves contain phytonutrient compounds which act in cooperative interaction in order to provide strong immune and antioxidant effects in the bloodstream. Alkaloids, papain and phenolic substances are the main reason why papaya leaves are so beneficial for our health.
Chymopapain and papain are enzymes and active papaya components. These enzymes support the process of digestion of proteins and they are often used for healing indigestion, bloating, nausea and other problems related to the digestive system.
On the other hand, pseudo carpaine, carpaine and dehydrocarpaine, alkaloid compounds found in papaya leaves come with strong chemo-preventive properties.
The synthetic derivatives of alkaloids as well as their pure isolated form serve as primary medicinal agents. They have powerful analgesic, antispasmodic and antibacterial properties.
Papaya leaves also provide antioxidant effects because of the presence of kaempferol, chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, quercetin and phenolic compounds. In addition, they are rich in minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron and magnesium.
7 Health Benefits of Drinking Papaya Leaf Juice
According to many nutritionists, there is more than one good reason why we should include papaya leaf juice in our diet and we have created a list of the most important health benefits that this juice brings.
1. Enhances the work of the liver. Papaya leaf juice has a very strong cleansing impact on the liver and this is why it can be used in treating many diseases, especially the ones related to the liver, like liver cirrhosis, jaundice and liver cancer.
2. Production of blood platelet. Keeping a high number of blood platelets is very important for people who have are recovering from some disease, especially diseases that lead to lowering of the level of blood platelets. According to the Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, juice made from papaya leaves can improve the production of blood platelet.
3. Protects the system from diseases. Papaya leaf juice is packed with acetogenin, a compound that has the ability to protect the system from many diseases – cancer, dengue, malaria etc. This juice supports the work of the immune system and eliminates the threat caused by the presence of bacteria and viruses in the body.
4. Heals inflammation. Illnesses and allergies often lead to inflammation. Papaya leaf juice has strong anti-inflammatory properties and it is able to reduce inflammation. Some people claim that this juice can also ease the side effects of chemotherapy.
5. Increases energy levels. Papaya leaf juice is an excellent tool for healing and cleansing which means that if you include it in your daily diet, you can expect your energy levels to raise and you can finish your daily tasks easily. Some researchers suggest that this juice can be helpful in cases of chronic fatigue too.
6. Aids the digestive system. The leaves of papaya are rich in amylase, chymopapain, papain and protease enzymes that are known for their ability to assist the process of breaking down carbohydrates, protein and aid with digestion. People suffering from digestive disorders will probably be able to solve most of their problems and stabilize their digestive system. This is a very powerful antimicrobial drink that has the ability to ease the inflammation located in the stomach lining and on top of that, it can eliminate H. Pilory bacteria and other dangerous bacteria that lead to peptic ulcers. Finally, this juice can ease the symptoms of IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) including colon inflammation.
7. Stabilizes blood sugar levels in a natural way. This juice improves sensitivity to insulin which ultimately leads to better blood sugar levels regulation. In addition, the presence of antioxidants can help people lower the secondary effects of diabetes like kidney problems, fatty liver and lower oxidative stress.