This vibrant rainbow kale salad will bring color and life to your dining table. With fresh torn kale leaves as the base, it is laced with the sweetness of peaches, and oranges, the tart acidity of grapefruit and is filled with nutritious vegetables.
A hint of crumbled blue cheese and chopped walnuts add a deeper dimension and the homemade honey mustard dressing finishes it perfectly.
For the Salad:
- 6 cups of torn kale leaves
- 1 cup of sliced peaches
- 1 cup of sliced oranges
- 1 cup of sliced grapefruit
- 1 cup of sliced cucumber
- ½ cup of sliced red onion
- ½ cup of grape tomatoes
- ½ cup of julienned carrots
- ½ cup of julienned white cabbage
- ½ cup of julienned red cabbage
- ½ cup of julienned beets
- ¼ cup of crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of French mustard
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic honey
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine kale leaves, cucumber, red onions, peaches, oranges, grapefruit, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, beets, blue cheese and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Toss well until evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard with honey and olive oil until you get a homogeneous dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well.
- Serve salad as a side or main course.