Have you heard of aҫai? It’s the new super fruit you need try! It’s not actually new but it’s new to us and is just becoming popular because of its health benefits.
It’s also called pitaya (or dragon fruit because of its appearance) and can be found in Central America. Recently this fruit has found its way to North America.
It has a powerful red color and it is rich in nutritious elements. Although it isn’t always easy to be found in the stores as a whole raw fruit it’s readily available frozen and is still beneficial for you.
A packet of 100 g is a great source of magnesium and fiber and is abundant in vitamin C, B and iron. It is loaded with health-boosting antioxidants and it’s the perfect choice for smoothies and healthy breakfasts.
We present you a super healthy recipe for a perfect nutritious breakfast.
Açaí Breakfast Bowl Recipe
One serving Nutritious facts:
- 290 calories
- 13 g fat (4.5 g sat)
- 40 g carbs
- 75 mg sodium
- 9 g fiber
- 4.5 g protein
- 2 acai smoothie packs (you can try Sambazon)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried and/or fresh berries
- 1 tablespoon high-fiber cereal or granola
How to prepare it?
- Blend smoothie packs, half the banana and almond milk until you get smooth and thick mixture. Do this about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and top with berries, coconut flakes, cereal and the rest of the banana, sliced.
Enjoy your breakfast and tell us if you’ve liked it !