Many people around the world use the Vicks VapoRub for treating many different health problems and minor ailments, such as: headaches, cold, cough, congested nose, chest and throat stuffiness. But, you should know that the Vicks VapoRub can do much more than this. Did you know that this useful product has been present and used for more than hundred years and it’s one of the most popular and most used over-the-counter decongestants?
YES, THERE ARE MANY OTHER USES OF THIS AMAZING GEL YOU HAVEN’T HEARD OF:
- Repel mosquitoes – apply it on your skin and clothing and enjoy the amazing summer nights out.
- Reduces headaches caused by sinuses – apply the gel below your nose and take a deep breath. The menthol will assist in providing relief from headache and cold.
- Keeps insects away – open the bottle to keep flies away. This is an amazing and eco-friendly trick.
- Ease acne – apply it on the affected area a few times daily to help it dry out acne.
- Alleviate sore muscles – massage the gel on the sore muscles and then cover it with a warm and dry towel. Lift the limb which is sore until the pain goes away. Repeat the procedure 3 times a day.
- Get rid of bruises – apply the gel on bruises and see how they will go away quickly.
- Tennis elbow – the menthol and camphor will help you feel better, thus rub it on the affected spot and the ache will go away.
- Moisturize your skin – after its application on the skin you will be able to notice the results.
- Treat cracked heels – apply some gel on your feet and heels, put on socks, and go to sleep. The following morning wash your feet with warm water. Repeat this activity on daily basis.
- Fingernail or toenail fungus – apply the gel on the affected area 2 times a day. Once you apply it, put on some socks. Trim the nails until the fingernail recovers.
- Relieve congestion and cough – apply the gel on your throat and chest.
- Fast healing of splinters and cuts – speed up the healing time and prevent infections by applying Vicks no cuts and splinters.
- Prevent your cat from scratching your furniture – apply the gel on areas where your cat wants to scratch.
- Stretch marks – reduce the visibility of the stretch marks by applying the gel. In just weeks of regular consumption you will be able to see positive results.
- Reek-free racehorses – on the ace day, professional racers rub some gel on the horse’s nostrils in order to prevent the animal from the stench of the female pony and keep the focused on the race.
- Prevent the pet from peeing inside – place a bottle on the places where your pet wants to wet.
- Relieve ear pain – take a cotton ball and put on some gel on it. Then put the cotton ball in the painful ear. You can do the same procedure but with a garlic clove, previously put in the microwave for 10 seconds. Then add some gel on it and place it in the ear.
- Remove warts – apply the gel on the warts 2 times a day and cover it with gauze and a sock. Repeat the procedure for 2 weeks until it goes away.
- Athlete’s feet – apply ton our feet and help heal the conditionhe condition heal.
- Fat burning cream – this gel can help you reduce fat s it stimulates the whole process, reduces fat accumulation, removes cellulite, and makes the skin tissue certain. Make the gel at your home, apply a bi of alcohol and apply it on the affected spots, covering it with black plastic or a clamping strip.
Vicks VapoRub contains high amounts of levomenthol – a solid white glass with mint flavor. So, if you use this ingredient “alone”, it may lead to rash, but when it’s dissolved in Vicks, it is completely safe because includes eucalyptus oil. Camphor is another used ingredient that can be harmful to health, so it is not recommended to use it directly, but in the commercial product packaging. Note: make sure you use this home remedy with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
- Vicks VapoRub
- Baking soda
This home remedy is very simple and easy to make. You just have to follow the simple instructions. Here’s what you need to do – first, you need to crush the average tablet camphor well and mix it with other ingredients until you get a paste. Then, you need to [lace it in a plastic or glass container. Apply the resulted cream in the evening and make circular movements. Then, wrap the area with plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
You can use this cream while staying at home or before doing your exercises.